We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
Harlequin FC Limited (‘the Club’) collects, uses and is responsible for (i.e. "processes") certain personal information about you. When we process your personal information we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of purchasing a product or subscribing to marketing communications from the Club, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
• Date of Birth
• Home address
• Delivery address
• Contact telephone numbers (Mobile, home and work)
• Email address
• Company name (if applicable)
• Parent or guardian name (Community camps only)
• Emergency contact name and number (Community camps only)
• Maiden name of mother (Community camps only)
• Medical notes (Community camps only)
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform.
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products or information you viewed or searched for, page response times length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
Information collected from other sources
We may also obtain personal information about you from other sources as follows:
• Job title
• Contact information (Mobile, Work number, email address)
from publicly available sources (e.g. LinkedIn and Company websites). Typically, we do this when conducting market research, fund-raising, sponsorship and marketing activities and sales in order to identify who to contact for this purpose.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information:
• to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in
• to enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter
• for purposes related to your membership
• to communicate with you if any products or services you have requested are unavailable
• for record keeping purposes
• to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer
• to track your activity on our digital platforms and systems
• to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
• to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we may send you
• for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us
• to market to you or your organisation about hospitality, sponsorship or other support
Who we share your personal information with
To enable us to fulfil the activities listed above, we will share your personal information with our trusted third-party suppliers where required. For example, in order to deliver a product, you have purchased through the Club’s shop we will provide your name, delivery address, email address and contact address to our delivery supplier.
Our trusted third-party suppliers include, amongst others:
1) our Ticketing provider;
2) our Access control provider;
3) our eCash provider
4) our Retail delivery provider,
5) our business insight provider; and
6) our CRM provider
We may also share your personal information with other important data controllers for the following reasons:
1) Premier Rugby
a. If you have purchased a Harlequins Community Camp, we will collect your name, address, email address, Parent or Guardian name, contact details and medical history to fulfil that camp.
2) Quins Supporters Association (‘Quinssa’)
a. If you have purchased a Quinssa membership, we will share your name, address, email address and supporter number with Quinssa to allow them to contact you and fulfil that membership
3) Harlequins Foundation
a. If you have taken part in or supported the Harlequins Foundation, we will share your name, address, email address and telephone number to allow the Foundation to contact you to update you on their work, upcoming events and fundraising requests.
4) The Rugby Football Union (RFU)
The Club follows strict procedures to protect supporter information. Consequently, we will not share your personal information with any other third party for use in direct marketing.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of your personal information is required from you to enable us to fulfil the activities listed above. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us. If you do not provide the information we will be unable to provide you with the goods and services you may require.
How we market you and keep you updated
For you to receive marketing communications regarding the following topics:
New player signings, Club and Harlequins Foundation news
Hospitality, venue and ticket offers
Quins Rewards programme
Offers and information from Partners and Suppliers (including Premiership Rugby Partners)
Competitions from the Club and the Foundation
You will need to ‘Opt in’ to marketing communications. You can do this by calling our Ticketing office or updating your preferences within your account on tickets.quins.co.uk. You are able to select the form of communication you would like to be contacted via (e.g. email, post, mobile phone, work phone).
You are able to ‘Opt out’ of marketing communications or change your contact preferences at any time through the ‘manage your subscriptions’ link at the bottom of our emails, by calling our Ticket office or updating your preferences within your account on tickets.quins.co.uk.
Note that the need to "opt-in" does not apply to important service information regarding your purchase (e.g. Membership, Tickets, Retail etc) from the Club as these are service rather than marketing communications.
How long your personal information will be kept
• We will hold your personal information for as long as you are a customer of the Club.
• All personal information will be deleted or anonymised within seven years from the date of your last activity with the Club unless you inform us otherwise in which case you will have the rights referred to below. We may retain information for longer than this period when we need to do so to fulfil a legal obligation and then only for so long as this is necessary.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
Our primary lawful basis for processing your personal information is our legitimate interests in running our activities and marketing and providing goods and services to our customers and supporters, as well as seeking sponsorships and partnerships with third parties. In addition, we may rely on consent where required to send certain marketing communications and we will also have a legal basis to process your personal information where we need to process it in order to fulfil our contractual obligations.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
• withdraw your consent to our processing where we are relying on consent as the lawful basis for the processing in question
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to us
• let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. Supporter number, email address, home address)
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let us know the information to which your request relates
If you would like to unsubscribe from any marketing communications you can click on the ‘manage preferences’ button at the bottom of our emails or alternatively contact our Ticketing department (on 020 8410 6010) to update your marketing preferences. It may take up to two working days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
If you wish to raise a query or concern with the Club, please either email email@example.com or phone our Ticketing team on 020 8410 6010.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 23rd May 2018 and last updated on 23rd May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email and/or on our website.
How to contact us
Please contact us, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write to:
Data Protection Manager
Twickenham Stoop Stadium
or call our Ticketing team on 020 8410 6010.
EU Cookie directive
From 26 May 2011 a new European Union directive requires us to gain the consent of our users to download cookies on to their machines. There are various methods we could use to gain users consent. For example, we could use pop-ups; prompting users to tick a box to confirm they give permission for us to download cookies on their machine.
Alternatively, we could use an online form that all users must complete before using the website.
We consider both of these solutions as obtrusive. We want our users find information and services quickly.
There are links on our terms and conditions and disclaimer pages which are in the footer of every web page pointing to this information.
What is a Cookie
Information may be sent to your computer in the form of an Internet "cookie" to allow our servers to monitor your requirements. The cookie is stored on your computer. Our server may request that your computer return a cookie to it.
Such measures are necessary to allow Harlequins to measure the usability of the systems, which will help to continually improve user experience of our websites. Your browser software should however enable you to block cookies if you wish to. For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located.
These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Harlequins uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. Google Analytics collects first party cookies, which are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour. This information is sent to Google and is used to evaluate how our website is being used. This enables Harlequins to compile statistical reports. A full list of cookies used by Google Analytics and explanations on how these work are available on the Google code website.
Harlequins does not collect (nor allow any third party to collect) personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered with any personally identifying information. We will not link or seek to link an IP address with the identity of a computer user. In short, Google Analytics doesn't identify who you are, but it does track your movements on our websites,
How to disable cookies
You can stop cookies being downloaded on to your computer by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
There is more information about cookies, including how to delete them on the website aboutcookies.org. You may also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics.
You agree that Harlequins will share your aggregated and anonymised website analytics data with Premiership Rugby for the purpose of delivering league wide benchmarks and audience insights.